Wednesday, February 3, 2010

We Made It!

So we made it for five days without power. Thankfully we have a generator so we could hook it up to shower, wash dishes, use the microwave and television. We also have a gas wall heater, so the house stayed a comfortable temperature in the main living area. It is amazing how spoiled we become and dependant on energy. I am shocked that it was as difficult as it was and we were fortunate that we had the necessities taken care of. We sustained a decent amount of tree damage, this clean-up will keep Trace occupied for a while. A massive bonfire will be prepared with all the limbs, all will be invited for hot dogs and s'mores!!


Sweet Simplicity said...

What a crazy experience!

Trace and Sarah said...

Actually you can only enjoy the fire if you help clean up, says Trace.

Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity