Monday, February 2, 2009

Food for Thought: Chicken Broccoli Casserole

This week's recipe is from Trisha Yearwood's Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen. I love this cookbook, it was a gift from my mom for Trace's and my anniversary. Besides having beautiful pictures, there are some good recipes in here. This particular casserole has become a favorite.

Ingredients:

2 c cooked rice

3 c cooked, chopped broccoli

1 c sour cream

1/2 c mayonnaise

1 T lemon juice

1 10 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup

10 oz grated cheddar cheese

1/2 t salt

1/4 t pepper

4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded

Preheat oven to 350 . Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.

Spread the rice on the bottom layer in the baking dish. Make a second layer with the broccoli.

In a large bowl, mix the sour cream, mayo, lemon juice, soup, half of the cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, and chicken. Pour this mixture over the broccoli and top with remaining cheddar. Bake for 40 minutes.

Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.



2 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

I always walk by her cookbook at the bookstore and wonder if its any good. This looks yummy!

Unknown said...

I bought this for myself last fall. I have marked several recipes to try and this is one of them. I will try it now that I have your review! The peach cobbler is to die for! :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity